Review Guide -- Bones Part Two
- What are the four major areas of the axial skeleton?
- How many bones make up the axial skeleton?
Know location of cranial bones:
- Frontal, Parietal, Temporal, Sphenoid, Occipital
Know the definition of suture and the locations of the 3 major ones we talked about
- Coronal, Squamosal, and Lambdoidal
- Malleus, Incus, Stapes
- Nasal, Maxilla, Mandible, Zygomatic Arch, Lacrimal, Palatine, Inferior Concha, Vomer.
Spine (know the 5 types and number of each)
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Sacral, Coccyx
Thorax bones (know the difference between true and false ribs and bones of sternum)
Appendicular Skeleton (know total bones)
- Know bones of upper extremity and the number of each
- What are two reasons for great movement in the hand?
- Know the two major girdles (pelvic and pectoral and bones that make up each)
- Know bones of lower extremity and number of each.
- Know the three major types of foot arches
Supination – Know major problems that occur with supination
Joints: Know the different types of joints
Diarthrotic: Ball and Socket, Hinge, Pivot, Saddle, Gliding
Know the different bone fractures and how a bone heals (steps involved)