Boreal Forest / Taiga
- World’s ______________ biome.
- Makes up _____% of the world’s forest cover.
- Average precipitation per year is _____ cm, of which most of is _________
- During winter temperatures can drop to as low as _______ Fahrenheit and during the summer it can up above ______ Fahrenheit.
Moose are an example of animal that lives here. Name two adaptations they have to survive in this biome.
- 1. ________________________ 2. ________________________
The Gray Wolf also lives here. Name two adaptations they have to help them survive the Taiga.
- 1. ______________________________ 2. __________________________________
The Brown bear (Kodiak or Grizzly) also has several adaptations to live in the Taiga. Name 2.
- 1._____________________________ 2.__________________________________
What are two adaptations of the Fir Trees so they survive the cold of the Taiga?
- 1.______________________________ 2._______________________________
- In Canada the Boreal Forest is under constant threat of ________________. 45% of the Canadian Taiga is owned by ____________________________________.